Thread: The EV of Sex
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 06:38 PM

Default The EV of Sex

I played in one of my monthly home games on Friday night. The cash game goes from 7pm-11pm (this month was 3-6 omaha8 w/ a kill) and then a $40 NL hold'em tourney starting at 11. There are actually some decent players in the game, but I would consider myself in the top 3 in the tourney (out of about 20 or so that play each week).

Anyway, while waiting for the tourney to start, my cell phone buzzes, and I see that it's my girlfriend. I tell her that I'm up a couple hundred. She indicates to me that coming home would be in my...ahem...personal best interest (she used less ambiguous terms). I tell her that I'll play real crazy in the beginning, that way I will either have a big stack and finish well, or....bust out and finish well. Now, I live with my g/f, but I have been with her for 5 years, so if I come home at 2, I may very well have to wait for 3 or 4 more days to have sex.

Anyway, she goes on and on, and my cell phone mysteriously cuts out right when the hands are being dealt.

So, I get stuck with the big blind on the first hand. Blinds start at 25/50 with t2000 stacks, no rebuys, 13 min rounds (don't ask). It will take about 2 hrs to get to bubble time, maybe 3 hrs to finish (16 people).

I pick up black 66 on the BB. Weak Cutoff who is scared of me limps, very good dude who isn't scared of me completes in the SB.
I figure I have the best hand, so I try to make a 5x raise, but misread the chip colors and only end up raising it to 150 (3xBB). They both call.

Flop (pot = t450): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet t400, CO folds, SB pushes, I insta-call.

Go big or go big at home.