Thread: 2/4 KTs
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 2/4 KTs

[ QUOTE ]
i raise this every time...and thought it was quite standard...

high card value, suited broadway, multiway pot, hopefully buy the button (and if not its not terrible)...two limpers that considering its party 2/4 probably aren't good...

im interested in reasons not to raise here...

[/ QUOTE ]
I first thought it was 10-handed and in that case I think this is a call and not very close to a raise.

Now that's it's 8-handed the chance to buy the button goes up considerably. Still there are 5 players left to act and the risk of getting 3-betted or called by a hand that domintes us are relatively high. Even the players that already limped in might dominate us, but I think the idea of raising here is based on that the limpers are pretty loose, not likely to be dominating us.

So our hands is vulnerable for domination, it plays well multiway, but we're not in that good position. I can see nothing wrong in trying to induce a multiway pot by calling, but I agree this is the boarderline for where a raise will become correct, one position later I'll probably raise.

EDIT: Of course this is also depending on what kind of players are left to act...