View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 04:45 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Not allowed to read the rules?

[ QUOTE ]
I have only seen a player ask to see the rules in one situation: "I want to see the rules so I can look for a reason to kill the best hand so I can get a pot with the second best hand." I have worked in poker for many years and I have NEVER seen a player ask for a rule book under any other circumstance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got that right. You never see these guys argue the case for someone else.

We have the 'commitment line' where I play. I remember one hand a guy(A) called a guy(B) on the commitment line rule. This was on the turn, I think. The guyA would normally never call this. The other guyB made an honest mistake. He was also new to the room. GuyA was adamant on the guy's chips staying in. GuyB looks at me and I just kinda shrug knowing full well the only reason GuyA is doing it is because he has a great hand. I've seen him wave it off before. So when the action for the hand is at showdown, GuyB is still looking over to me a couple times and I mention the other buy obviously has a great hand. And told him the reason. It was kind of a nitty, tool move. Not really worth the extra bet, imo.

b