View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 04:34 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Not allowed to read the rules?

[ QUOTE ]
How am I supposed to know the rules if I can't see them.

There are probably several rules that I would have been likely to have broken when I was a newbie if it hadn't been up to me to just sit there and guess.

I see people breaking the string-bet rule all the freaking time just because they don't know what it is.
For quite awhile I would never never have even known what 'protect your cards' meant. I only started playing a couple years ago....and when I first started I would have just assumed that it ONLY meant that I should make sure that nobody is trying to peak over my shoulder and look at them.

Protect my action: Would have had zero idea what that meant.

Hell, I didn't even know you had to go to the desk to ask what games were open. I just assumed you could walk right in and sit down at any table (I did this once...seriously).

I have to wait for the dealer to push me the pot?
Am I allowed to get up to leave to go to the bathroom or will I lose my seat?
I'm not allowed to take my own chips off the table? What's up with that?

Seriously...there are a LOT of new players out there who don't even know the basics.

Why would we want to keep it all a mystery?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need a masters degree. All this stuff you learn within the first 10 minutes of play. If you don't know. Simply ask. If it was posted, no one would read it anyways. I don't see a big line looking at the rules as they post it on the walls now, they sure as hell aren't going to look at 4 pages worth. Actually, it's rare to see anyone whether new or not looking at the rules.

b