View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: How would you play this hand with so many dangers?

Preflop raise is perfect.

On the flop, you have two overcards and a gutshot draw. That's a decent hand. Don't even think of folding.

I think raising here is good: try to thin the field to make it more likely you win if you hit, or even win unimproved - an ace might fold. Since in this hand the flop bettor folded to the single raise, it's even more enticing to make the raise: you might win it right there.

On the turn you're getting 8-1 on the original bet and then 13-2 when it gets back to you. If it's capped behind that will be 15-3 or 5-1 odds to draw to your straight. Your outs are tainted for sure and I think it's getting to be close between calling and raising. I like our implied odds when a Q falls (gotta love that K in your hand!). On the other hand all that raising might indicate that someone already has the straight. It's close but I think I prefer to see the river here.

Fold unimproved on the river, obviously. If a J or K falls, you're in a tough spot with all that dough in the pot. The usual line is to pay off one bet.

Guy.