View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Repopulating the planet, Adam and Eve \"zero\", & incest.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
It seems like it would be best for the brothers and sisters to reproduce between themselves.

Each child's genetics is somewhat of a "random" sampling from the genetics of Adam 0 and Eve 0. Therefore there is less chance of homozygocity between the various children, in comparison to a parent and child reproduction.

If Adam 0 were to reproduce with Eve 1, then there is a guarantee that Eve 1 will have genetic traits of Adam 0, increasing the chance of recessive traits coming up and there being defects.

I think the ideal situation would be for each male child to reproduce with each one of his sister's, as many times as possible, and then remove any of the 3rd generation children from the system that show obvious abnormalities.

Then each of those children can reproduce in such a way that they do not share the same parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou for your response krimson, it is a highly appreciated rare commodity indeed to see a topic on SMP that doesn't involve the closed-minded "atheist club vs theist club" neverending war, and even rarer to have it replied to. (strange these supposed "intelligent people" don't wish to discuss other topics that pertain to humanity)

Anyway enough of my grumbling, here is a picture if each group spawned 2 children - 1 boy, 1 girl.

You're intelligent so you'll see how the coding system works, my next question is now who breeds with who, and can Adam zero get involved with one of his grandchildren to 'mix up' the genes or would that be detrimental to the progress the children have made?