View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Tribe loses hoffman, resigns wickman

Blake was serviceable in the field last year, broussard is one of the best defensive first baseman in the league. He's got a good stretch and is quick on balls hit down the lind, and can make the pick. given a choice i would keep broussard and dump blake, but broussard doesn't look like hes going to pan out as far as being a full time big league hitter. mayge a platoon/defensive replacement guy.
Cabreara is clearly our coser of the future. After his performance last year that much is obvious. So they got wickman for one more year. hes going to be the 8th inning guy this year (if not immediately then early in the season he will be put in that role)- seing his stuff and his poise already he gives you the hope he could be a riviera. Ahh, so nice to dream.
Beaz was a head case with us, there was reason we didn't try harder to keep him when we had him. There was some bad blood there when he left no need to drag it back up.
Garciapara intrigues me more and more. But hes only 6'- not really what i want at first base. Can he play right? Can he have an ob% of higher than 350? can he get a clutch hit? We need a guy in the bottom of the lineup ewho can take walks and wont freeze up in the clutch or we will melt down in big games time and again.