View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: I think my call button got stuck... was it necessarily a bad thing

[ QUOTE ]
It felt super-fishy, but I actually did nothing on this hand but call one bet four times. Given my reads (see below), I can't decide it it was the right thing to do or just chipspewing.

Loose, retarded table... 35 table VPIP, not a whole lot of trickiness, and ace hi was often bet to the bitter end. CO is 36/10.6/2.6 over 50 hands. He is definitely one of the guys to never quit with ace high, as far as I can tell.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.
Yeah, its thin, but I'm getting 12:1! My trips outs are probably goot, and some of the two pair outs probably goot as well, plus the runner runner outs?

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.
Most of my outs are dirty, but I have a pair, the board is semi-dry, and even after discounting I still probably have 4 to 4.5 weighted outs (3c, the two black sixes, and 1/2 to 3/4 out each for the black aces) . Raising here seems pointless.

River: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.
I typed "worst... call... ever..." as I did this, but I don't know, am I good 8% of the time? I think so.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Debatable preflop call. Yes you are getting 9:1. But you flop 2 pair, trips, boat, quads or 8 out straight draw less than 10% of the time. If it were 43 suited, it's a definite call. But 43 offsuit is very borderline.

Your flop and turn calls are fine. Your river call is debatable. You can only beat ace high hands and busted draws, but the pot is large.