View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Moderation thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We were made moderators because Mat feels that our judgment about what is acceptable and what isn’t happens to correlate almost perfectly with his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he think suggesting we 'bomb Mecca to Dust and ashes' is acceptable? Apologies for any minor errors in the quote.

I would like to be first to waive my right entirely to not be insulted, hopefully I don't make personal insults, although....

[ QUOTE ]
To a poster who stated that “misquoting is not slander”, I responded “Sure, this coming from someone who stated that ‘child molestation is great and should be encouraged’”. To those for whom this was a complete woooosh hair job, my intention here was that this depends upon what the misquote implies about the person being misquoted, as well as to whether this is intentional. This was in regard to a specific thing, and I don’t expect it to become a general issue. My apologies to Niss if this was misinterpreted. I thought it was clear what I was doing, but apparently not. Clearly his reaction proved that misquoting can most certainly be slander (or libel).

[/ QUOTE ]

...... I saw that coming a mile off, and I can't believe his idea of falling for that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Regards Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then you're a much more intelligent person than I. As I said in the other thread, there is significant difference between "misquoting" and "slander" or "libel". In my opinion, the attempted analogy was so absurd that, at least to me, it was not apparent what BruceZ was trying to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I didn't say that there was no difference between misquoting and slander or libel. I said that a misquote can BE slander or libel, and I gave you an example which you agreed was libel. Now if you are going to argue that I didn't misquote you, well then... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]