View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: 15/30 river decision

[ QUOTE ]
One small note: it was me, the hero, who was hitting a lot of hands, not the villain.

[/ QUOTE ]I was never good at reading comprehension back in school. I stand corrected.
[ QUOTE ]
I also believed the villain to NOT be a tricky player. In the 6 hours I played with him (this hand was about 4 hours in) I had never seen him raise the turn or river without a big hand. That is why I folded on the river.

[/ QUOTE ] You seem to be very astute, especially with your summary. It's reads like this that wouldn't matter what others think, because we weren't there for the four hours, and you were. [ QUOTE ]
Just an aside, as a new poster I think I need to reconsider the hands I post or how I post them. The ones I think are interesting are often player/read dependent. I think I need to add more player info to help all respoders.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with this somewhat. Creating the extra edge for yourself will often depend on how well you read your opponents. This is one important part of the game which I find so intriging. But at the same time, the read is yours and yours only, so to describe it so everyone sees it your way in a post is diffcult to accomplish.