Thread: I am a nOOB
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: I am a nOOB

[ QUOTE ]
I do not Know if this something new they have added but:

[ QUOTE ]

For investors who would like to buy or sell stocks or ETFs right away, we are pleased to offer Real-time Trades – share-based orders that you can enter at any time and are executed during market hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do belive I can make trades and time I would like or at least I hope so, Not that I will be making short term trades any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is new, but my response was referring to the $4 trades. It says on the site $16 for market orders and $20 for limit orders. It doesn't seem like that great of a deal to me, unless you plan to always use the $4 trades.

Ameritrade charges $11 per trade (for both market and limit) and E*trade charges $13. There's also Ameritrade Izone, which is $5 per trade, but it requires a $5000 minimum. Some of those active trader sites have very, very cheap commissions.

PS: I am not making any personal recommendations, as I don't use any of these. I'm just pointing out some other options. I'm not sure what you're looking for in a broker, but doing a little research beforehand is always good.