Thread: Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Etiquette

As a relative beginner, I've been flamed once or twice (including by raising the dreaded AA discussion once or twice). It helps to get a thick skin.

Personally, I always try to answer civilly, though have noted others do not.

That being said, I think what draws the most ire, is when someone asks advice, is given advice, then brings up the same (or a similar question again). Almost like if you ask it again, maybe people will change their minds.

I think the poster was was partially guilty here. He had raised the pre-flop fold AA question once, and bringing it up again. However, his real question was more a general question about playing when there are 4 left (AA was almost peripheral, there are many normal call/raise situations that would have similar issues). His real question (I think) was:

You're in second. Monster stack, Hero (maybe half the Monster), Small Stack, Small Stack. Should Hero EVER get into a battle with Monster Pre-flop, or is there a better expectation in hoping one of the small stacks gets eliminated, guaranting hero third.

I think, if the poster had asked the question this way, he would have gotten better replies. However, by starting off -- "I've raised pre-flop fold AA, before, and I want to raise it again ....", he rightly or wrongly set people off, and had people thinking that he was beating a dead horse again.

Just my take on the situation.