View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 04:06 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Berating Weak Players At The Poker Table

[ QUOTE ]
My question then, is how to educate the so-called offender of either a benefit or the many benefits of not committing this act of berating weak play and how to explain it in such a way that does neither compound the problem by confronting the issue of the play being weak nor does it instigate more steam into the already heated "offender".

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't 'educate' the offender. Why teach him anything? This is a sign that the guy definitely isn't as good as he thinks he is. He's only stronger than the weakies because he can play strong hands and folds more than the average fish. yay.

Just take the side of the fish. All you have to really say is that the guy can play however he wants. Commend the fish that it's tough to put him on a hand.

If it gets real bad, you can always say how if everyone folded and didn't give the A-Hole any action, then everyone would have to hear about that too.

Another one I've used at times is to tell the nit to turn his hand face up if he doesn't want callers. Some morons actually do it. To them it's just about their hand holding up and winning pots. Nothing in between.

I actually get a little joy out of seeing those idiots twist and cry. What's really funny is when they pull a major suckout shortly after they just get done berating someone. Oh, but THEN it's perfectly ok...

b