View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: LO8 .5/1 Pokerstars hand

thanks for the comments everyone.

I guess the preflop raise is iffy, but since some pople seem to be borderline, i guess having "something extra" would make it an easy pf raise? like if i had a suited ace or a replacing the T with a 5? Also at the time i didnt think about cleaning up my heart draw, so i will keep that in mind.

Flop i didnt expect to win by betting b/c the button was loose and could peel with lots of stuff on this board (any low draw, straight draw (even gutters), flush draw, any pair). Seems like a bad board if im trying to get people to fold, especially vs the kind of player that button is. and everyone seems to say check-calling is bad so i guess i really messed up here. what would you guys do with A2 or A23 in the same situation? does having the nut draw swing it to a call even if i have no high prospects?

And river i dont know what i was doing. I remember thinking at the time something like "i have a decent high and the third nut low, the button's really loose so its unlikely he has me beat both ways" I guess that's what made me bet. But really if button does have some sort of high hand only: he wont payoff with an 8 or 7, he probably doesnt have a Q or K since he checked the turn. So he could probably pay off with a worse ace, but there aren't that many worse aces in the first place. If I were to scoop vs him, he'd have to pay off with a worse low and no high. But all this is without considering the third player in the pot, and him being in there probably hurts my chances. I think check-call is better, but i dont like the idea of overcalling if button bets and the other player calls.