View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: LO8 .5/1 Pokerstars hand

I have a decent amount of experience at $1/$2 6-max LO8, so maybe I can offer some insight.

I'm not sure about the PFR. If the table is generally tight, I would raise to try to possibly knock out other A3s, A4s, and higher hearts. However, most of the time you have a couple of LPs at your table that are willing to come along with any semblance of a decent hand, so I would lean toward just limping and seeing what happens on the flop. Like others have said, you have limited scoop potential and your hand is very flop-dependent.

I would either bet the flop and isee f anyone feels like dropping out here (likely not many since there is a low + flush draw) and then go from there or just check/fold, leaning more towards check/fold. You don't have much going for you. No real chance for high and just the second nut low with not many people drawing with you. The pot's too small--just look for a better spot.

The river's an ugly spot. I doubt you'll get much value from a bet, and you probably won't push anyone out at this level. If you just feel like going to showdown, check/call. It could be ugly, though.