View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Party VIP complaints

yeah...so i'm not the only one.

telling you on the phone '10k hands' and then sending you an e-mail that says '12k hands' is just silly and is obviously very similar to my problem.

They are not logging in their own player set-ups into their own computers evidently. Or maybe they lost them or something (in which case, they would be wise to not pretend like it's the first time they're talking to you).

I was surprised that my rep actually mentioned the bit about $1250 for 30k hands (as we had already discussed in our Nov 1 phone-convo) as I had read numerous accounts on here that they won't send you the details via e-mail.

I'm going to try to request this stuff via e-mail for the future.

Again...I think it's just general disorganization right now and don't expect it to continue.
But it is Party afterall...so anything can happen.

I hate having to stay on top of these guys. That's the thing.
You tell me on Nov 1 that you're going to send me the money and I decide to be patient and just wait for it to arrive.
Then on Nov 10 I say "ummm...what happened to that money you promised?" and they basically say "what money?? okay...here's $250 because we're so nice."

Obviously this situation would have been less likely to develop if I had contacted her on Nov 2 or 3 to ask about the money while it was still potentially fresh on her mind and she might have remembered it.

I don't believe in having to e-mail over and over again to remind them of what our deal was. But with these forgetful folks at party it seems like it may be necessary.

mike O'Malley...are you reading this stuff??

I love the idea behind the VIP-program and know that there can be some growing-pains in putting together something like this.
I think I'm pretty gosh-darned patient here and don't even expect to see the additional $125 that I was told I would get. No biggie. I've gotten a couple of other completely unexpected bonuses in the past and am thankful for them (including a refund of a $215 tourney entry that I never expected to get back) so I'm willing to let it slide and I'm not going to huff-off and never play there again over a mere $125.

but these faux-pas seem to be pretty common amongst different reps and I just think they should be easily avoidable.