View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Wreckless or justfied move?

[ QUOTE ]
So, folded around to you in the SB, you have an effective M of around 2, you push.

To me in the BB, you would do that with any 2, I call with almost any 2, 9 or higher. Tight image or no.

The only thing that would give me pause would be if you had folded your SB before in that situation, then I might give you credit for a reasonable hand, and fold a hand such as you described "(K10,Ace rag, etc)"

A better move would be a stop n' go, with a slight delay before you push any non-A flop. (to make it look like you hadn't already decided to push any non-A flop) At least, you've maximized your FE.

Assuming A9 lets you see a flop...

I'd probably fold, wait 2 hands and then push any 2, a) you will have reinforced your "tight" table image recently enough that they might remember b) you won't be challenging the BB of a stack that knocks you out.

FWIW

Regards

Gar

[/ QUOTE ]

The logic escapes me. You would push with any 2. Since you would push with any 2, the BB would have a looser calling range. Therefore, you should fold your king. Huh?

As for waiting until you are in the CO to push -- I find it illogical to assume that a push from the CO with a mediocre hand would be more successful than a push from the SB with a mediocre hand.