View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Party $25NL: Top-2 w/lots of action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After being min raised I would push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure if i agree. More often than not, I think the minraise is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x. Given the preflop action, its most likely AK, AQ, AJ, or AT. These (with the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]), have 12,12,13,13 outs against you. As such, they have pretty decent pot equity against your top 2, and should (will) call a push. Additionally, it could well be the made nut flush, or a set of 7's, in which case you're down to 4 outs already.

I'd probably rather call, see a non-spade turn, and then push, forcing them into a more uncomfortable decision. As such, I approve OP's line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also disagree. Not only was I min-raised, but there was a flat caller in between. I felt there had to be at least one flush draw and maybe a made flush. I think I'm way behind more often than way ahead, and would have been called by at least one of the villains.

I decided to call the min-raise and see the turn. Obviously things only got worse with the 4th spade, and I had no choice but to let the hand go.