View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Cleaning lady steals from me -- can I go to the cops?

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody's saying you only have proof that she only stole $1k. Don't you have enough information to get the police to search her house, and possibly find your wife's clothes/jewelery/whateer?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is the cops won't do [censored]; they have more pressing matters than to search for clothing and [censored] like that. Yeah, it sucks what happened and it's important to him, but the cops don't give a [censored].

A friend of mine had his car stolen once and filed a report. Two days later my friend found his car, (apparently taken for a joyride, but they stole his stereo and speakers), and he called the cops again.

Cops come down and dusts the outside and inside of his car for prints and make a match with the computer. Cops say they won't go after them because the stereo is pawned most likely, and they don't want to nab them for something small (gangbangers) like this; they are waiting for when they do something serious and then they will add gta to the list of offences. Sounds pretty [censored] up to me, but hey….

To add insult to injury, the fingerprint dust totally [censored] up the finish and paint of his car.