View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: OT - Stud in Twin Cities

You felt the need to say, "OT," like the post you were responding to was on-topic or something? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

High-only stud: $2/4 goes every day. It has a $.50 ante, a $1 bring-in, a $4.50 rake, and a $1 jackpot drop. The players are atrocious, so it's beatable for a decent clip relative to the stakes, but I usually only play it while quaffing Bloody Mary's. Occasionally $3/6 will go. On weekends, they'll usually have something a little higher, usually $4/8 these days, although it's sometimes $6/12. Depends on who shows up during the afternoon.

$15/30 stud used to be a popular game. It hasn't been spread in over two years now.

The $6/12 stud/8 game went nearly every day for about a month. It wasn't going when I called this evening, though. $4/8 stud/8 used to be popular, but it has a terrible structure, and $6/12 is a much better game.

$30/60 stud/8 was a hot game in 2002. Someone busted everyone and blew all the money, though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It enjoyed a renaissance during last year's Fall Classic, and it went on Thursdays for a few months before petering out earlier this year. We'll see if it's as strong this year, and if it goes at all when the tournament is done.

If you plan on playing on Thanksgiving weekend, particularly on Friday, I recommend getting down there early, like before noon. People have had enough of their damned families already, and by gum they want to gamble already. Put your name on the interest list for anything you want to play, even if no one else has signed up yet.