View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: From Losing to Breakeven... How do I now turn profitable?

My 1 1/2 cents.........

Hand 1: I absolutely hate playing an underpair when an A hits the flop, because Party micro players love to play Ace-rag. Given that there was a bet and a call on the flop in the face of your preflop raise, I think the odds are good that one of them has an A. My guess is that the big blind has a 9, and cutoff has an A. With no real flush or straight potential, you are probably drawing to two outs. I would fold. If the cutoff had folded to the flop bet, I would probably raise to try and drive out other overcards.

Hand 2: Personally, I don't like raising with ATs in the big blind with several limpers. Some people will say that is too weak, but you are out of position. If you only had 1 or 2 limpers, then it's a likely raise, but not with 4 limpers and 1 poster. When you hit the dream flop, you should bet. They will call, assuming you have a decent pair. They won't put you on the nuts, because most people would slowplay. You know to bet the turn. Bet the river. If someone has the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then so be it.

Hand 3: I don't like the raise UTG with KQ. I would have called. On the flop, I don't mind the 3-bet. I would call down the turn and river unimproved, and cross your fingers he doesn't have KT, but I bet he does.