View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Help, I\'m getting raped online (long)

I would cash it out and wait until you have everything set up the way you want before playing again. Get pokertracker, get Neteller set up, get GT+, and then start from there. I like playing when there is nothing else to worry about.

Once you get everything set up, definitely start out on Party with a 500 deposit and claim their bonus. At the lowest stakes, bonus whoring is essential because it gives the biggest percentage increase to your hourly rate. Someone with an $8-10 hourly rate can practically double their hourly rate with bonus whoring at NL 25. Also, definitely play 6 max. The fact that you post at this site and have demonstrated that you have a thorough understanding of the game assures me that you will have no problem beating NL 25 6 max. Players make far too many mistakes for you not to make money.

I would recommend buying in short for your first 500 hands or so. It gets you use to seeing certain situations and doesn't really give you an opportunity to make a costly mistake. You will learn that anytime you have top pair beat at NL 25 and your opponent has top pair, you will get it all in as the favorite. I would recommend playing 1 table for your first 500-1000 hands also. I just think its good for hand reading, and getting used to online in general.

I'm also a college freshman and my parents had reservations about me playing poker in college, but its not a big deal. If I didn't play poker, I would just find some other way to waste my time. Early in the semester, I wasn't doing great in school, so I took a week off of poker. I spent the exact same amount of time on my homework. Instead of playing poker, I played Halo, or watched Sportscenter. I ended up doing alot better in school and learned my performance in school was independent of poker. The reason I wasn't doing that great was probably that it takes a little bit of time to adjust to college from high school, to get used to the exams and such.

If you need anymore advice from a college freshman who also started out about a year ago getting raped online, feel free to PM me.