View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Main event Report

i played with gazes a little bit at the end of day 2 but didn't really get a good feel for him (he called me a "goofball" in a pokerwire interview). what do you think about vinnie's laydown?

i feel like my biggest mistakes come from making big moves when i don't have a strong enough read on the opponent yet. this guy had really not shown any symptoms of big volatility? how long had you played with him?

the best players to move on are aggressive players who can fold as they are most likely to not have a hand and still capable of giving you credit for one. but sometimes it's difficult to distinguish this player from the aggressive player who won't fold also known as the donkey. the one benefit he gets from playing in such a way that will usually result in the evaporation in his chips is that i am generally unwilling to move on him. hopefully though he is not smart enough to realize this fact and will assume i am moving on him at the same rate that i am moving on other players.

in this event i made the same mistake that i think you made and it cost me a ton of chips. for me it was because i had not played with the kid long enough to correctly determine which brand of aggressive player he was (he was a donkey). if i had waited an hour i never would have made the move. but it could be that your man was more clever about disguising his identity. or maybe you have a monster tell. i spotted it on TV but i won't tell you what it is. i'll let others elaborate.

-al