View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Do you believe the shuffle is really random online???

You must be playing those PokerBots that all the sites use.

If you ever play video games like Madden NFL, most of the time the CPU seems to know exactly what play you picked.

This just must be one of those instances where the site has used a pokerbot that knows all the cards that will come and when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

I seriously doubt this is the same player over and over again doing the same thing. That might be cause for alarm, but if it's just some random opponents doing it to you then it's just some random events combining in a way to really piss you off.

But in all honesty let's try some actual reasons for this...

You've been winning for a long time, perhaps it's just time for you to lose a bit as well. You can't and won't win 'em all. I don't see many posts of people complaining about hitting their last 15 flush draws in a row, or hitting a set with their last 10 pocket pairs. When's the last time someone came to this board to say Online Poker is rigged because they haven't lost a pot at showdown in two weeks? You can't win 'em all, get over it and keep playing your winning ways. There's this little thing called variance that can work for/against you.

Or, The games got tougher to beat because the other players got better or you are playing against some tougher opponents. Are you playing in the exact same game day in and day out and suddenly started losing? People can become better poker players and new players that enter your games can be good players too. Maybe you need to fine tune your table selection a little bit.

So you made a six figure income last year but get off to a slow start this year and have to complain about it? That's why you have to keep a good chunk of change in reserve if you plan to do this for a living. I remember a number like 6mos worth of living expenses in savings to account for any long downswings such as you are experiencing.

Oh and in case you haven't heard, Poker is gambling, so there is always a chance you will lose. And since every hand is random and independent of each other, a suck out on the previous hand does not affect the chances of a suck out on the next hand...