View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: My poker (loser) experience

[ QUOTE ]
whats god or your parents got to do with playing poker, your not insulting any form of god playing poker, you are if the money is going towards a bad cause?

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing poker is a form a gambling and gambling is taboo is most traditional families. And when I speak of any religious hindu family it just magnifies a whole lot. There is that inner self that wants you to tell your parents about it. But you dont know how they would react. I have gone through some personal [censored] over the last 4 years and this poker thing is small compared to the numerous incidents and [censored] ups in my personal life. That being said, money is money and you hate to lose what you earned through effort,dedication and discipline. My mom wants me to keep faith in good and it really gets frustrating when she is lecturing you whenever she gets a chance. I agree with one of the posters that I am probably trying to vent my frustrations by playing poker.

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't believe in God, then why does any of this upset you? What rules are you trying to live your life by, and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not about me. Its about my parents. For the reasons I stated above. I can see why my parents would be upset about this. I dont want to quit playing poker. It is a catch 22 situation and yes, I do understand I do need to take a break and concentrate on my job(I am not jobless).