View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Is GWB exploiting a state of perpetual war to stifle internal diss

[ QUOTE ]
Why does having opinions that are unpopular or not widely held automatically make you a troll? Or similarly, why does merely citing someone who shares your not-widely-held views make you a troll?

I don't understand; is bringing up anything controversial trolling? That's what I seem to be gathering from you and BCPVP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously in this forum over all others, the line between trolling and merely holding an unpopular opinion is going to be very blurry. As an example, when someone espouses opinions say that are exremely and blatantly racist or uses sources that are, there is not only the possibility that such a poster is just a nutjob, but also more likely that he doesn't really believe those views and is just trying to stir things up in a forum where they are always stirred up anyway.

And regarding the OP's post and criticisms of his using sources that compare a president he doesn't like to Hitler, how would you feel if I used sources comparing a leftwing politician to Lenin? Trying to paint a politician and his views as exremely radical one way or the other is usually just a case of political hackjob demagoguery by a person who only cares about persuading others to his views and doesn't care if he uses false sources or misleading conclusions to do so, in addition to perhaps not having a firm grasp of logic in the first place.