View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Horray, 1st 10-20 hand post

I'm going to agree with adam here.

While not capping certainly isn't that big of a mistake in and of itself, it can lead to complete spewage like this where we feel "he doesn't know I have Aces!" while in reality he's thoroughly represnting a hand that can beat 1 pair.

I'd recommnend flatcalling 3bets with premiums when you are against a player who is A) TAGy B) quite observant C) a good hand reader and D) one whom you will clash with often.

It's just a waste otherwise IMO. This guy doesn't know you have aces. There are plenty of lagtards in these games who cap all sorts of crap, and he doesn't know that you are a TAG most likely. The beauty of these aggressive games is that you don't have to work hard at deceiving your opponents about strong holding because noone believes you anyway.

As it stands I 3bet the flop. If a player is more predictable i'll wait till the turn, but that would be if I expected to be able to confidently fold to a 3bet, which is not clear here at all. With a stronger holding waiting for the turn is better because we make an extra SB, but with a 1-pair hand it's cheaper to get reraised on the flop where I can call down from there and put a raise in if i improve and deem my hand worth a raise vs his range.

Surf