View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Hypothetical Gambling Situation

[ QUOTE ]
You care just slightly about money between $10k and $30k, but you care about $30k A LOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

The numbers don't quite match up my personal circumstances, but it pretty much sums up what I'm going through right now (with the exception of the $5k royal [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]).

I've found that it APPEARS as though I have some utility of money, even though I don't really spend a ton of money or anything. I've called this marginal utility of money that I don't spend "utility of income". Meaning that on a daily/weekly basis I like to see a growth in my assets regardless of whether or not I have any spending goals, regardless of if I'm way over-rolled for my current limit and I've got the "Miller 3-months" behind me.

This is pretty weird, but seems to be general human nature.

Thus, your utility of 10k is higher than 5k, even if you aren't planning on spending the $10k or the $5k...

It was stated in the original question, though. Everything was there from the hero's perspective.

Anyways, enjoy your day, sir. I'm off to bed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]