Thread: thin value bet
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: thin value bet

PREFLOP: Standard
FLOP: Standard

TURN: This is actually close between betting and checking. A reason to bet is becuz you still may have the best hand, and you have outs if you dont, and maybe this guy will fold his six outer on that board, or you can alteast make him pay to draw to his 6 outer by betting(we both know hes never folding a pair)

A reason to check is you would hate to get checkraised with just a ten high flush draw and dirty straight outs, This turn card is also a bad card for you since it connects with many of the possible non pair hands the villain couldve called with on the flop. Lastly the villain is very unlikely to fold the turn which defeats the main purpose of semibluffing the turn. You probably are gonna have to hit your hand to win, so checking the turn and drawing cheaply is a viable strategy.

Im not saying that checking the turn is unequivocally better than betting the turn, but it is close, and I can see myself checking this turn more than betting it.

RIVER: This is a very close situation IMO between betting and checking, I dont like the idea of calling a checkraise on this river, but if you really think he will checkraise with lesser hands than you must call. I think I would bet this river only becuz I am against a very loose opponent who will still call me down on any pair hoping I have two high cards that missed this flop. Even if he always checkraises when he has you beat and you always call and pay him off, you will still make more money than you lose from all the times you pick up an extra big bet when he calls with a lesser hand IMO