View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: $5 - Help my play in this SNG - 4 hands.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you are aware of this but the Gap Concept essentially involves needing a stonger hand to enter a raised pot. I don't think 88 is that type of hand.

You seem to be playing push/fold poker so the turbos would suit you. Also $ per hour. Also, most of the advice you will get here is based on push/fold poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The squeeze play is what I meant, hey it was a late night last night lol. What I thought when I pushed hand #4 was that original raiser, seeing two callers behind him and my raise, may fold his two high cards and the two callers, showing no strength by flat calling would also fold and I pick up the blinds.

I get you totally now, thankyou. Still think #4 is such an interesting one, bringing up many different opinions. You'd recommened based upon the gap theory, folding the 88's correct? I get you.

When I get into Harringtons "Orange zone", with an "M" or below 10 (about 15 BB) I do play mainly push or fold, as it gives me the maximum fold equity to steal the blinds, and by this stage I'm normally at a stage where I need to blind steal and eventually double up to get in amongst the money. Of course it always depends on my reads of the villians I'm stealing from. May have a look at the turbo's, see how it goes.

On the up however, played my second SNG of my little "challenge" and after a half hour heads up battle, beginning when blinds were only 75/150, started even on chips, fell 3-1 behind, got back even, fell 3-1 ahead, back even and finally killing it I finished a very pleasing 1st. However there's a few more hands I picked up along the way I shall be postly in a seperate thread shortly.

Cheers all. Post results of above hands in a while.