View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: $5 - Help my play in this SNG - 4 hands.

[ QUOTE ]

LOL, I'm glad you're thinking. # 2 pushing is an option but you might also consider a check/fold line with your stack still beeing about 10 x BB. Look for opportunities to pick up the blinds from the sb - CO as the blinds move.

#3 and #4 rethink - apply the gap concept. BTW, I really don't want to play middle pairs for set value when the blinds get that high.

One more bit of advice, play the turbos.

Welcome to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

With hand #4 I was in fact thinking of the gap concept and I pushed. I suppose I may be thinking results-orientated when I considered calling, as I did lose and bust out of the tournament. But I'm still not confident this push is really +EV, especially considering I can only realistically be hoping for a coinflip if called... and the two big stacks, UTG raiser and flat caller were both playing fairly tight up until now. And last couple of hands I had been seen to be playing LAG, open-pushing two hands and not getting called previous. Info I should have originally included I know.

And again HAND #3, I believe a 400 raise would allow me to fold if one of the tight two blinds come over the top, no?

Thanks for the welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

EDIT: Oh, and why the turbo's? The reason I play on PokerStars is I don't like the all-in fests that happen on Party and with quick blinds won't this be happening too? I like the chance to play some poker with 10 min blinds.