View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Padooki Hand : Breaking Point

Since you're drawing so smooth under the Q I think you definietly break that. (I'm just going to write some things that may be obvious but will help me think it out). The BB 100% of the time here has a 4 card hand and he checkraised the field so it's probably decent. I feel like it's most likely to be in the 8/9 range. If he made some crappy 4 card hand would he just checkcall you down? I don't kjnow. I see this all the time from bad 2-7 players, they make a super rough 9 or 8 and then just checkcall, standing pat from there. I'd draw the line, since you're so smooth underneath at an 8. I'd keep the 8 pitch the 9. As a side note, if you have a 4 card QJA2 here are you just folding? I would think so.

I don't think 3betting even if he would break a good J or T is a good idea since we want to take the last draw. THe hand to consider 3betting with is a QJ or something where if he 4bets we can just throw our hand away.

Are we assuming he's not thinking on a high enough level to c/r with a pair or K trying to get us to break a marginal made hand?