View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 AM

Default What low paying job did you have before poker?(or still have)

This is for the young people who had low paying jobs. I figure older people when they were working at stuff like fast food there was not much poker around.

I used to work for KFC making $300 a month if i was lucky... working full time.

I also worked for pizza hut which made good money in tips, full time I was making about $500 a week counting in the tips and paycheck.

Another job I tried out by getting duped into as a college student was working for Vector Marketting. These guys are notorious for hiring college students to sell their knives. They basically advertise around college campuses as a high paying job, flexible hours, and great pay. Really... they just con a buncha college students into asking everyone they know or don't even know that well (such as neighbors, old friends from high school, people at their church) to set up a meeting where they go through a written routine of selling these knives. I quit this job when i realized all im doing is hassling friends parents and my own family to pay for these over priced knives.

Now that i'm playing poker i've been fascinated by how much money there is to be made.