View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: WSOP ME fantasy team?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could it kind of be done backwards.
You get a point for the finish place of your player.

For example:
1st Place= 1 Point
4356 PLace= 4356 Points

Player with the fewest points wins.

It would keep the math pretty simple allthough it might punish someone who goes out real early too much.

Just a thought. Though I would be willing to participate in this if it comes togather.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this "rotisserie" style point system. It is either between this or a budgeted draft based on bookie odds (too complicated).

With that said, there should be a draft. Without one, everyone would have near identical teams and it would just be a competition between the players who are not identical.

example:
team 1: ivey, cloutier, seidel, brunson, juanda, harman, harrington, layne flack, negreanu, david pham
team 2: ivey, cloutier, seidel, brunson, juanda, harman, harrington, layne flack, negreanu, gus hansen

I mean, this is simply an example, but I think that's close to the team that a lot of people would pick. My point is it's no longer fun when it's a last-longer bet between david pham and gus hansen (a small number of players). After all, the player pool is enormous and in a small 10-team league or whatever, the pros and well-known names will not run out.

Any pooh-bahs wanna run this? I'd definitely be down for a $20-50 buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do it either way....BUT you might want to check out Danile Negreanu's site. The fantasy deal there has it where you pick 20 people. There's 600+ teams and there are many with the same names. But just like in the NCAA pools that person to pick a few 12's to beat the 5 wins some cabbage.