View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Need a line check in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I never would've called the first raise; you only have one thing going for this hand and IMM is a marginal mway hand to begin with. Would be interesting to know how many times you could play J2s even @ 6:1 and make any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ususally folding this preflop as well, but I may be a bit too tight out of the blinds. I think this hand only has value for making a flush value and the occasional one card straight that you'll often have to pay many bets to miss (with 2 PF aggressors and a Broadway-ish board)

[ QUOTE ]

I don't get the flop check - what's its purpose? Are you trying to build a bigger pot or trying to win this already humungoid pot? (For all you know utg limped a mway hand and 3-bet pf to maximize implieds and pairing 2's could beat it.)

IMM you should not be trying to tie 4 others to the pot - you should be trying to win it because it was already huge...

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Others have already said this, but hero has exactly 0% chance of winning this without completeing his (fairly strong) draw, so the flop C/R for value is perfect IMO. Build a monster.

Tom