View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Need a line check in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
This seems fairly sensible; but you said you had 10 hands w/them (IIRC) so really you have no idea what your worst outs are (IMO).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I do. 95% of the time a two-card flush (i.e. a flush that uses both of your hole cards) is going to be good, so until that third [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] falls and somebody's still going hard at the pot, I'm figuring all 9 spades in the deck to be good for me. I suppose I over-stated the worrying about the 9 falling...if it falls and makes my hand, I'm still losing to AJ, which I'd be losing to on the flop, so I guess all 8 9s and aces should be counted as good, too, so in reality I have 17 clean outs, here, until one of them falls and somebody is still hitting me hard (if the ace falls, of course, I'm not slowing down).

[ QUOTE ]
When I see large flop pots I think of sshe/hepfap; "large pots" pg 148 sshe #2: "Sieze opportunities to knock out players..." So when I saw 16sb and a c-r on the field, it didn't seem like trying to knock anybody out.

I understand your rationale; and the way it played out is pretty cool. I'm just wondering, technically, what's "correct" here...

[/ QUOTE ]

What's "correct", of course, depends.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] However, with this big a pot and this number of players at this limit, you're not going to be able to knock anybody out most of the time, so instead you go for building the biggest pot possible with a couple of strong draws and hope that (a) you make your hand, and (b) it holds up.