View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: My second live sng: 99 on 245 flop

First, the discussion about playing the hand at all or not:
the blinds went up every ten minutes, doesn't sound like much perhaps, but with everyone drinking and no dealer the hands took a long time. I don't think we did more than 20-30 hands per hour when 8 people at the table. Besides, the blinds were doubling all the way to 2000-4000. That means that in this one, I didn't have that many hands before they were really high. I definately figured I could play nines so as they would give me positive expectation for the hand.

On to my guessings about villain.

Yeah, well if the only alternatives were top pair or straight/set...
I'm thinking, what are my odds of drawing out on two pairs? Should have 6 outs on the turn and 10 on the river right? He does have 4 redraw outs though... some hands will split (3-6, 3-A).

With that in mind, I'm thinking that he might have me beat bad (straight or set), he might have a hand I have a decent chance of drawing out on, or he might have a hand that I'm a pretty good favorite to win.

I don't think the tight guys I was playing with would ever play 36 (yeah, one of them might, but this wasn't him), even though there were already two limpers. A3, I guess that could be a possibility. My range of hands on him was suited connectors or low pairs though in this situation. That said, he should have either a set, a pair like 33 with an openended, 66, 77 or 88. He could also have 34 pair and openended (if he would play them that low, I don't think he does that often), 67 for an openended or 45 for two pair.

Of those hands, would he push a set? He's certainly not putting me on the straight with such an overbet! So... he should be able to smoothcall that and get all my money on the turn, no?

So, if he has a made hand, I think he wants to protect it, maybe even get me to fold with his push.