View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: I\'m not sure what this means

[ QUOTE ]
As to your style, I should probably do more of that. I tend more toward a lot of small money finishes (and bubbles), just trying to survive and eeking it out and hoping to get lucky in the late stages, vs the build or bust style of getting a monster stack early and driving it towards a big money finish or busting out on an early race.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your current plan of a more conservative approach is the way to go. I've been experimenting (read: playing bad) lately with the build my stack early approach. It really hasn't done me a damn bit of good. I don't think I've ever busted out of a tournament and thought to myself "you know, I really should have played more hands."

Also, my personal experience is that while there may be a correlation between your stack size upon making the money and where you actually finish, there is definitely a huge variance. This would imply that gambling early in a touranament is not justified.

I feel I have had much more success with the "sneak into the money and then hope to get on a rush" strategy, than with the "play like a maniac early and build a big stack" approach.