View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: overplayed TPTK (AK)? - 50NL 6max

I like the call pre-flop instead of a re-raise. You are out of position so you don't want to lose too much money.

Since you are out of position, you are at an extreme disadvantage after the flop. I like the fact that you came out betting, but that raise should tell you something. Your opponent is not scared of the king on the board. It is possible you have the best hand here, but it is going to be tough to find out. I think you need to do one of two things on the flop. Option 1 is to fold. This is a safe option. The pot is still relatively small, so you don't lose much by doing it.

Option 2 would be to come back over the top. I want to elimiate my positional disadvantage as quickly as possible, so if I were to make this play I would come back over the top big. I would probably make it about 20 to go. If my opponent were to re-raise, I can still get away from my hand. If my opponent just calls, I can go all in on the turn.

Overall, I think folding on the flop is the best play. All you have is TPTK and I suspect it isn't good. Your opponents minimum raise pre-flop and re-raise on that flop screams pocket aces or kings to me. There is no good reason to go broke with top pair in this pot.