View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 01:18 AM

Default When something doesn\'t \"feel\" quite right

I ran into this hand today, and I'm not sure how else I can describe the hand. My note on villain is "FPS". He has had all sorts of wacky plays with both his good and his bad hands. Bluff bets/raises, slowplaying big things until the river, limping AA, betting his middle pair (Q4o paired his 4) when an ace fell...

When he bet the flop, I felt there was a decent chance I was ahead. He might have a 3 or some other pocket pair or he might even be trying to pick up the pot. I don't think he has a king because he would have waited until the turn or gone for a check-raise. I chose to raise because I felt I could drive out the rest of the field who might have draws against my 66. Also, if cold-called, I'm almost certainly up against a better hand because the villains behind me weren't loose enough to call two bets on this board with nothing.

When he 3-bet the flop, I was actually more convinced that he had nothing. Why didn't he smooth-call and check-raise the turn if he had a real hand?

Once the rest of the field was gone and I was convinced I was ahead, it became WA/WB.

I'm a bit frustrated because I can't really quantify anything here in a reasonable way. It was one of those rare times where everything was just "feel". The flop 3-bet just "felt" strange. Am I crazy? Should I have just dumped it on the first flop bet?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB