View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:43 PM

Default 99 with limpers.

2/4 holdem. (at work so no PT)

UTG limps, UTG+2 limps, I am MP1 with 99.

If there are 2 fish behind that call ANYTHING in CO and BUT is it correct to raise? I wasn't sure in this case. I called.

CO, BUT called, BB checked.

Flop comes 8c 7c 3s

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, BB,UTG,UTG+1 call all else fold.

I figured raise here to make the draws pay more since probably they will check the turn.

Turn comes 8c 7c 3s 9c

BB, UTG, UTG+1 check, I bet. I got a set and feel I am going to get raised by the flush draw. BB check-raises, UTG, UTG+1 folds, I call.

River comes 8c 7c 3s 9c 2s

BB bets. The pots so damn big I feel like I have to call just in case this guy has 2 pair or a smaller set and decided to slowplay for whatever reason, seen it before.

I call and BB shows ..... (its a secret)

----

The debate here is with so many preflop and 3 callers someone has to have the flush draw. Check hands with outs, bet hands that have no outs on the turn. But at the same time I was surpsied BB check raised. He risked giving the free card to me. None of the players were really any good. Also preflop should I raise knowing probably I'm getting at least 1-2 more callers behind? 3-4 callers with 99 sucks. Could you fold this set on the river with all the evidence of a flush here? So how could I have played this hand better and why?