View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: A Better Question

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, there is a disproportionately high percentage of absolute walking anuses in the poker world. It's one of the things that makes me not want to play anymore, etc etc.

A better question is this: Why the f*ck even GO to the buffet in the first place? I mean, you know that the entire tournament is running over there, PLUS the usual dinner crowd.

So there you are, relatively well-off financially, and you're gonna stand in a line for twenty minutes to eat at the buffet to save what would amount to one half of one big bet (tax deductible) in your usual game.

Duh.

I am nowhere near as financially comfortable as a lot of these guys, and I invariably give the coupon to somebody, get up and walk at a brisk pace to the furthest point from the poker room, so that I might eat in peace.

I mean, does what I am saying make any sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely! The last thing I would want to do while involved in a tournament is to eat with the people that I'm playing agianst - espeically if they were/are jerks.

I would do the same as you - give the free lunch to someone who really wants it and go some place else. The price of the meal is the cost of donig business.

Reminds me a little (but not to the same scale) of when I lived in Florida. A friend/acquaintance of mine is married to a someone who makes good money, they live in an expensive house, drive nice cars, and so on. When they bought their generator after the second hurricane to hit the state last year, they were the first in line to ask FEMA for a voucher on that generator.

I don't get it.