View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Do I suck? Legends hands

1st hand- Was the blinds 25-50 the 1st level? If so, I think raising it to 300 UTG is a little excessive, generally 3-4x the BB is fine, especially w/ AA since you preferably like a caller or two, but if you had some donks at your table would call any raise I suppose its fine. Flop bet is fine. Turn bet ok, but when he calls you there you def. want to slow down, and check behind on the river. I'd check on the river here almost every time. Seems like you put him on a flush draw since you made a point to mention the non-club river, so why bet? He's not going to call you if he didn't make his hand. Yeah, he could have JJ,QQ or KK and pay your bet off, but he could easily have a hand that beats you or he might try to bluff you with a massive reraise so why make it more difficult for yourself by betting. I'd fold to the checkraise a good amount of the time depending on my read on the villain. If I knew he was capable of bluffing there I'd considering calling, but most of the time it's a fold.

2nd hand- I'd move in on the flop after villain bet into me on the flop and go broke here 100% of the time. You played that hand really passively though, I think you need to raise on the flop and if you know your opponent would only come over the top with AA or a 7 or 33, I might be able to get away from it. Most of the time I go broke here though.