View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Any eight will win!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try giving an example where there is a hand that has been shown at showdown and there is an additional live hand that has not been tabled. That is the key, here there is a player with a live hand at showdown who has yet to act. Mucking is an action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said I concede the point to you guys, I've just never seen anyone called out on it. It seems however that everyone now agrees that 1PTAH does not apply after action is complete with action meaning last hand is mucked or tabled not after the pot is awarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note in my ealier reply I repeatedly said "and the next deal has begun." Many rulebooks regard this as the point of no return. If a mistake was made in the award of a pot, incorrect ammount placed out for a call, misrepresented hand, or any other anomally has occurred in the play of a hand, action can be taken until the next deal has begun. Once the next deal is underway the previous hand is over. That is truly the mark of the end of one hand and the begining of the next. So to the letter of the law nothing should be said about the previous hand until this point.