View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 01:40 PM

Default Re: I am getting too many bad beats-- am I that bad.

When posting hands, please include the ante and bring-in unless it is a very standard structure, which $1/2 is not. I am assuming that this has a $.50 bring-in, since that's pretty common for on-line games. Even though you're last to act on the first round, your hand is something less than marginal. High straight draws are usually good starting hands because you have a chance to win by pairing one or more of your high cards. You have no such chance with 654. Also, your cards are slightly dead. The one thing you have going for you is the buried two flush. On balance, though, I think you have a fold, especially at half a bet.

On fourth, you have a definite muck. You have two outs to make your straight, and although the Jacks probably don't have trips, they do have you beaten and drawing pretty slim (now you definitely can't win by pairing one of your straight cards), and there are a couple of other players to worry about.

Why are you drawing to this hand if you can't raise with it when you get there? You should have raised fifth, and you should have raised sixth.

Your opponents should have folded to the Jacks' bet on fourth street as well.

I think it's better if you tell us what you did and then reveal your opponents' hands later.