View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Not a Complete Vegas Trip Report (but LONG)

nice report. some thoughts.

When the button skips a player, Roberts rules has the hand play out, and then the button jumps around for the next two hands so that everyone gets to play the proper placement. Just in a different order.

When there is confusion on a misdeal, loudly call "time" to try and stop the dealer from moving the action. Dealers want to get out hands per hour, because that is how they make tips - and will try to speed the action up without having to reshuffle. If two players act, then it is no longer a misdeal, which is what the dealer wants and the floor can't overturn. Thus call for time and then call for the floor.

And a similar story to yours about the black checks. I was at the MGM (4/8 limit), and had a hundred dollar bill 'playing behind'. After about 5 dealers, a new dealer sat down, and during the second hand called for players chips for me. She explained that the bill didn't play, so I said 'fine, if it doesn't play I will put it away.' They after the next hand she called for chips again - saying that I couldn't take it off the table, dispite it not playing, and had to get chips for it. durrrr. I called the floor.