View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Harrington on Hold\'em

HOH 1 is VERY solid, and there's no better source on mtts. You will have no trouble with comprehension at your experience level. If you have followed the mtt forums here for any period of time, you should breeze through with no trouble at all and come out with no fuzzy areas.

I had high expectations before reading vol 1, and was surprised at how little info it provided beyond what I had learned here (with extensive 2+2 research). What it did do beautifully was to reinforce and crystallize the tactics I had adopted, and give me the reassurance that I was on the right path.

I'm in no way saying that it isn't worth getting. It's not only worth getting, but almost essential. My point is only that if you've studied here you probably not only have the basics of hoh down, you likely have them mastered.

Hoh vol 2 is also very well structured and comprehensive. It's a very useful tool full of relevant and applicable concepts, and even though I didn't agree with the material as wholeheartedly as vol 1, it should still be an essential study in my opinion.

Hope this helps...