View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Split the NL forums again?

[ QUOTE ]

Right now a lot of us that play at the mid stakes don't really feel like we fit in too well in either forum. The journey from .10/.25 to 10/20 is more than just "aha! I suddenly know how to play high stakes poker!" The low limits are riddled with completely clueless players that make so many fundamental mistakes that any ABC player can easily defeat them. The high stakes games feature a lot of players that are thinking on the 43rd level that know all the odds and know basic hand reading. But there is a lot of middle ground where most players are paying attention and thinking past the first level. They know enough to beat a simple ABC player, but they can still be fooled and may not mix up their own play enough. Most of the things I'm thinking about during a 2/4 hand are irrelevent to a .25/.50 player. Right now it takes quite a bit of time to search through the forums to sort out the mid-stakes hands from the low-stakes hands (since the stakes often aren't mentioned in the thread title.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I don't post hands or even read these boards much anymore because I play a lot of .5/1 and 1/2 NL heads up or three handed - I don't want the SS advice because I think I'm probably past that level, and clearly I'm not ready for the Mid/High Stakes yet. And as you say, there is that middle range of players to beat - not too good, not too bad, who will call down with hands that marginally beat yours, who are willing to min-check-raise with draws when very shorthanded, etc.