Thread: 20/40 KK Hand
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 20/40 KK Hand

[ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving him too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be, he is a known regular and my second time playing with him. My inclination is that he is a solid player mentally when fresh, but as I saw this weekend he is tiltable when he gets hands cracked, he does play a little loose preflop and passive postflop.

The more I think about it, the more I hate how I played this hand and I've been pining over it since Saturday night driving home.

[ QUOTE ]
Often, players as you speak, will use such a Stop-n-Go line as they out think themselves. The usually have a A8s, or 99 (will he raise the 99 after limpers here?) and they put a player like yourself on a big [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is too passive to raise 99 here PF, figuring it has no value given the limpers and the "odds are against him" thinker mentality.

I think when I auto 3-bet the flop before his raise even got in front of him dismisses my mere overcards in his mind. That solidified (at least I believe it would have) I wasn't trying to bully him with overcards, simply because I haven't done that to him or any of the tighter players all day/night. When I've played that aggressively postflop I've often had a very strong hand.

[ QUOTE ]

They think, bet, he's calling cause he's drawing. They pride themselves in a bet like this, they have thought themselves right into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This very well could be, and I fear I let myself get outplayed on this hand by overthinking it myself.