Thread: Buying in Bulk?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Buying in Bulk?

I do. If something is on sale that I know I'm gonna eat, I buy a ton of it.

The basic bulk items I'll buy the most are noodles(spaghetti, linguini), spaghetti sauce and other tomato/tomato sauce products(canned tomatoes are good in soups and chili etc.), and rice.

Also if tuna fish, decent canned soups or non-awful chili is on sale, or toilet paper, that too.

And I've filled my freezer with salmon and chicken and steaks at time. I always buy the huge packs, several at a time if they're on sale. I know I'm gonna love eating 'em, and I like getting 'em cheap.

Also I've bought cases of soda at a time, and whole shopping carts full of sparkling water.

Basically if I'm gonna eat it at some point, I might as well get it when it's much cheaper. And it's very cool to have a bunch of stuff to choose from to eat. It sucks when you've got like one thing to eat and if you don't want to eat it, you eat nothing or have to make a 2:00 a.m. run somewhere for food.

Also, I'll buy huge amounts of canned kidney beans, green beans, and chickpeas (garbanzo beans) if they're on sale, because I love having them around for a nice cold salad. I usually use all three as a base for a salad with lots of stuff that I keep in the fridge and gnaw on here and there for days at a time.